Friday, March 15, 2013

Sugru

This week Mr. Dreier gave us a product called Sugru and told us to be creative with it. Sugru is a rubber-like substance used for fixing or improving things. Naturally I had no idea what to use it on. I searched the house and finally settled on some drumsticks in my basement. I decided to put the rubber on the tips of the sticks for a whole new sound when it dried! I also asked my dad if he needed anything and he asked me to make rubber feet for his guitar pedal. I did, and had fun doing it. I think this product is really ingenious in that it can be whatever you need it to be. I'm interested to see what my classmates did with it! Although I found it difficult, I think the creative aspect of this project is what made it the most fun. Hopefully it lasts a long time!

Here are some pictures:
 
 
 
Sugru was fun; everyone should try it! In the meantime, here is an article about how to improve your creativity from a psychological point of view. Love it, hate it, I don't care...just read it for the interesting points it makes!
 


1 comment:

  1. Both of those ideas are very clever! I especially like the drumstick idea...I love the idea of trying to make a new noise with the Sugru! Did it actually change the sound of the dumbs? How so? Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete