Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

It's late and I'm tired so I found a good article about sleep. We learned a lot more than I expected to about sleep this weak, and now I'm all worried about my sleep debt. This chapter has really made me aware of how little sleep I actually get, and, call me paranoid I've noticed some of the mentioned effects. Very troublesome. Regardless, I've found a way to solve all of our problems: learn while you sleep. I found this interesting yet simple article online that talks about a topic many people think they are familiar with: classical conditioning. It entails learning a specific piece of information using association while you're asleep. I think Mrs. Niemela mentioned using techniques similar to this to learn some information in college....suspiscious. Her type of information is significantly more difficult to grasp than smells (read the article to understand). The only fair conclusion I can draw is she is not of this world. The End.


A link for  your reading torture (but really, read it):
http://www.nature.com/news/how-to-learn-in-your-sleep-1.11274

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I believe I also commented on the fact that learning about sleep makes me realize how little sleep I get, too. I love Mrs. Niemela and I could never doubt her as you do. I think it could be very useful to put learning while I sleep into action...perhaps next year.

    ReplyDelete